Articles on this Page
- 04/29/13--14:45: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 06/17/13--14:30: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 07/15/13--14:30: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 07/29/13--11:00: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 08/26/13--15:00: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 09/09/13--15:15: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 10/07/13--14:00: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 10/21/13--15:30: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 11/11/13--14:40: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 11/25/13--14:00: _The Videogum Movie ...
- 04/29/13--14:45: The Videogum Movie Club: Pain & Gain
- 06/17/13--14:30: The Videogum Movie Club: Man Of Steel
- 07/15/13--14:30: The Videogum Movie Club: Pacific Rim
- 07/29/13--11:00: The Videogum Movie Club: The Wolverine
- 08/26/13--15:00: The Videogum Movie Club: The World’s End
- 09/09/13--15:15: The Videogum Movie Club: One Direction: This Is Us
- 10/07/13--14:00: The Videogum Movie Club: Gravity
- 10/21/13--15:30: The Videogum Movie Club: The Fifth Estate
- 11/11/13--14:40: The Videogum Movie Club: Thor: The Dark World
- 11/25/13--14:00: The Videogum Movie Club: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
My prediction for my review of Pain & Gain was that it would be one sentence long, and that sentence would be: “This movie is perfect.” At dinner with a friend before the movie, he said that he was going in with very low expectations. I said that I was going in with very high [...]
Superman was my favorite when I was growing up. Also the Hulk. The two of them had to share the crown. In retrospect, they both probably say a lot about where my little head was at. All superheroes have secret identities, but mostly those identities are in service of protecting the heroes’ girlfriends and adoptive [...]
The line between cynicism and art is pretty thin. Ultimately it all comes down to motivation, or the perception of motivation. If Michael Bay made a movie about robots punching Godzillas in the face, it would have been greeted with open hostility (and it would have made way more money than Pacific Rim actually made). [...]
I had almost impossibly low expectations going into The Wolverine this weekend. Between the faint rumblings I had picked up that the movie was “slow” and “too long,” and the fact that I distinctly remembered disliking the last stand-alone Wolverine movie immensely, it just seemed like this one stood a chance. Admittedly, I was charmed [...]
I had brunch with a friend who hadn’t seen any part of the Cornetto trilogy (that’s something only nerds call it, right?) (I’ve never said it out loud because I am NOT a nerd) before seeing The World’s End this weekend. He asked, “What should I know before going in to see the movie?” I [...]
It was a warm September afternoon and one young blogger and a few friends headed to the movie theater to see One Direction: This Is Us in 3D. “Hey, I’m going to get some popcorn, you guys go ahead and get seats” said the blogger, waving her friends away. Just an average trip to the [...]
By now, Neil deGrasse Tyson has already tweeted about the many inaccurate elements of Gravity‘s plot, and Alfonso Cuarón has already responded to those who might be critical of those less-than-truthful elements with — to paraphrase — “uh yeah, I know about those things and I don’t care; it’s a movie.” Yet no one has [...]
Well, no one saw The Fifth Estate this weekend. It had the worst debut of 2013, making only $1.7 million from 1,769 theaters. (It cost $26 million to produce.) (Eek!) There was only one other person at my screening, even though my movie theater recently replaced its bed buggy cloth seats with seemingly non-bed buggy [...]
How do costume designers find clothes that make Natalie Portman seem normal-sized? I know Thor has a boomerang hammer and a solid chest or whatever, but Natalie Portman and I are the same height, according to the Internet, and somehow she comes across as being adult-sized in this and every movie, and for that she [...]
Dear Katniss, First of all, I loved the film. Is that rude to say? I don’t want to trivialize your struggle with the Capitol, and I’d hate it if you thought I was trying to be a jerk, but, like — wow! Sincerely! It was incredibly bleak — I mean, you know that — and [...]